While there are no guarantees in information security, there are precautions you can take to help safeguard your information.
1. Enhance Your Browser Security
We've partnered with Trusteer, a leading expert in financial security, to offer Trusteer Rapport - a lightweight, online fraud protection software. This software is customized to protect DirectBanker® to minimize the risk of your information being captured by an outside party.
What is Trusteer Rapport?
Rapport works alongside your existing firewall and anit-virus solutions to provide added protection to your online banking session
with DirectBanker®. Trusteer Rapport creates a secure tunnel between your keyboard and DirectBanker® to minimize the risk of
your information being captured by an outside party.
Why Use Trusteer Rapport?
- It's free for Bank SNB DirectBanker® clients.
- It is easy to install and has an un-intrusive user interface.
- It enhances the security of the browser when you connect to DirectBanker® by verifying that the connection with the
website is direct and encrypted to prevent "Man in the Middle" attacks.
- It validates that the website you see is hosted by Bank SNB, thereby reducing risks of sending information to phishing sites.
How Do I know It's Working?
When visiting a website that is protected by Trusteer Rapport, the icon will turn green.
When visiting an unprotected page, the icon will turn grey.
Ready to increase your browser protection? Download Now
2. Develop Good Habits
Even small actions can add up to a big protection.
- Protect your personal information, such as account numbers, passwords and login IDs. Don't share them with anyone.
- Change your passwords regularly and use a combination of uppercase, lowercase, digits and special characters. Consider using longer passphrases.
- Never click on links in an unsolicited email.
- Use anti-virus software and keep the difinitions up to date.
- Enable computer-based firewalls.
- Keep your computer security patches up to date.
- Lock your computer when stepping away from the keyboard.
- Don't access your accounts from public computers or open wireless networks.
- Turn off your computer when not in use.
- Monitor your bank accounts and statements on a regular basis.
- Shred documents with personal information instead of just throwing away.
- Monitor your credit report on a regular basis.
3. Choose The Right Partner
At Bank SNB, security is a top priority. We use a variety of techniques and processes to ensure your information is secure.
- Our website is protected by secure communications.
- We utilize firewalls to only allow authorized access, anti-virus, threat detection and prevention as part of our layered security architecture.
- Are you a business customer? Use our positive-pay check and ACH system.
- We employ methods to monitor transaction activity and alert with anomalous behavior.
- We undergo regular 3rd party security assessment testing.